Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Return of the prodigal daughter

I have decided to move home. I booked my ticket (on mum's credit card, thanks mum!) a month ago, but I think I decided probably about two months ago.

There are a lot of things that I miss about Australia, namely my family and my friends.

However, I predict that I am going to be bored shirtless within a month of returning, so you people had better be ready to entertain me.

There is also the issue of the current job market (or lack thereof) in Australia, so I may be forced back to London or perhaps to Japan where I can teach English and indulge my love of tacky stuff.

Moving back will be difficult though. Before I left Australia I had a great job, a lovely apartment, and a varied portfolio of other investments. I will be coming back to no job, an apartment ravaged by floods, and a varied portfolio of other investments minus a chunk of shares.

Yup, I'll be 27, living with my parents and probably working in a bakery.

PS. Sue, can I please get some shifts at the Jolly Swagman around January? Just ask dad for my reference. On second though, ask mum...


"You let me run, You let me hide, I'm coming home"
My Way Home, Alex Lloyd

2 comments:

Scott said...

Sure it was a risk what you did, sure its a risk coming back, but what an amazing adventure you are on!!

This nation was built by men who took risks - pioneers who were not afraid of the wilderness, business men who were not afraid of failure, scientists who were not afraid of the truth, thinkers who were not afraid of progress, dreamers who were not afraid of action.

The more chance there is of stubbing your toe, the more chance you have of stepping into success.

It is only the beginning for you my lover...........

Moi said...

Love you Scoot Scoot...