Thursday, November 19, 2009

What do you think?

So, a new girl has started at work this week, and she is quite nice and friendly.

However, I have two issues with her.

1. She wore a black sequin blazer and red snake skin stilettos on her first day. I thought that this was appropriate for a night out at a bar in Soho, but slightly inappropriate for starting a new job. You should always be rather conservative on the first day, until you know what the office is like.

2. She is hotdesking and her monitor went blank so she swung it back and smashed it against the desk dividing wall. On two separate occasions. I hate people who smash electronic items when they don't work. In this case I thought it showed a level of disrespect, especially as it wasn't her computer. However, she should get on well with another colleague who takes to kicking the printer when it gets a paper jam.

As per usual, I emailed Amby, Matt and Mark to get their thoughts on the issue.

Amber's response:

1. The British workplace is a free for all as far as dressing goes so she will get away with whatever horror outfits emerge.

2. That's' just wrong. Perhaps she is trying to get noticed so everyone knows her name by Friday drinks where she will overconsume, flash her chest to senior executives and mistake the front door for the latrine...

Matt's response:

1. I concur. Conservative until you know ur place.

2. While it does feel good to throw/kick/smash electrical items, there is a time and a place. Me, I would have wriggeled the cords, tried degaussing the screen then tried monitors and checked out the graphic card drivers :)

2 comments:

SuvvyGirl said...

Interesting choice of attire for the first day. Maybe she's hoping for a quick promotion :P I definately agree with you opinions on this.

SuvvyGirl said...

Thanks for the comment about my eyes by the way! Makes me feel better when other people don't see the same flaws I do. Although at the angle I took the picture I did make the shape of my head look a bit odd.

I doubt you are knock kneed but you should post a picture and take a poll :P it's not like your calendar isn't full enough already