Monday, February 22, 2010

Hello, welcome back, hi

So, quick update on things – I’ve got a job with another Government Agency (henceforth referred to as Brisbane Government Agency), I have moved back into my apartment in Brisbane , and I’ve lost 8kg since leaving London .

Okay, now we’re all on the same page.

So over to some random thoughts...

There is a girl at work that is absolutely lovely, but wears her sunglasses as a headband all day long. Is that appropriate for the office?

For the last time people, tights are not pants

I catch the bus to work. I used to eschew public transport in Brisbane, laughing at people on buses, and frequently abusing those blerrie bus drivers that just pull out in front of you. Now I am the unofficial spokesperson for “Buses are cool”. Email me if you want a slogan badge.

I met a guy the other day who pronounced the word tooth as “toof”. I thought it was only the British who spoke like that.

Is it okay to wear leopard print flats to the office? On the fourth day of working there?

I keep forgetting to stand to the left on escalators, to the point where I am annoying myself

Forget Chicago, Brisbane is the windy city - a fact that the man walking behind me today when my skirt whipped up will attest to

My name is Mumble Pants and I have an addiction to soda water

More regular posts will follow, I promise. Including a new weekly special - wanky personalised plates!

No comments: