Monday, December 13, 2010

A collection of disjointed thoughts

It's funny, quite often you hear summer before you feel summer, with the cicadas announcing the impending heat.

House parties are awesome. You get to choose the people, the venue, the food, the drink, the music and the air-conditioning temperature. And it doesn't matter what you wear or how drunk you get or how much you dance on the furniture, because you are surrounded by your favourite people. Cleaning up the next day is a bitch though. (Big shout out to the gang for doing most of the work on Saturday night!)

I started going to the gym and it has strengthened my arguement that exercise makes you fat as I have since put on weight. Stupid fitness. I am looking forward to long days of laziness down the coast at Christmas to lose it again.

Today I am wearing a new pair of shoes that are a pale silvery colour, which is strange as I normally wear black shoes to work. So strange that I keep looking at my feet when I walk. It's very distracting.

The city is absolute madness at the moment. Christmas carols pumping out in Queen Street Mall, half naked teenagers loitering everywhere, workers rushing around doing Christmas shopping in their short lunch breaks, and then moi waltzing around with my new Puma sneakers in an oversized bag hitting everyone on the way back to the office!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can see where the shoes would be distracting...try not to run into anything/anyone like I would. It's so hard for me to imagine Christmas in the summertime...you should post pictures! :) Hope you have a Merry Christmas!