Thursday, February 12, 2009

What's in a name?

Now I would just like to point out that I never introduce myself or refer to myself as Mandy. In my head I am Amanda.

I love my name, I really do. Thanks mum and dad, you did a great job! I mean, I was two weeks old before you finally picked a name for me, but when you did you picked a great one. I like that I have three letter As in my name, because A is my favourite letter. I like that my initials rhyme – Ay Jay Bay. I like that it’s not an uncommon name, but at the same time there aren’t that many Amandas around. I really really like my name!

However, all of my close friends call me Mandy, which I take as a sign of affection.


“Well you came and you gave without taking, but I sent you away, oh Mandy, well you kissed me and stopped me from shaking, and I need you today, oh Mandy”
Mandy, Barry Manilow

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I was reading this, I was secretly hoping Barry Manilow would be at the bottom and he was!

Her name was Lola (Amanda) she was a showgirl (Internal Communications whiz) wearing flowers in her hair (Disney couture) and her dress cut down to there (no change).