Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Good excuse

I'm sorry mum, but I don't think that I am going to get my present to you in time for your birthday next week. It's not my fault though, I have the present, it's just that the post office is closed today. Because it's SNOW DAY!

London is currently hidden under more than a foot of snow, and it is a completely different city - the dirt and grime is covered in pure white fairy floss-like snow flakes which crunch underfoot, people are having snow ball fights with strangers, there are icicles hanging from the eaves, most people have the day off work, half the shops are closed, and everyone is excited.

Photographic evidence...


Sunday night. "Gosh, look at the snow!"






Monday morning. "C-rap, look at the snow!"


"Oh the weather outside is frightful, But the fire is so delightful, And since we've no place to go, Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!"
Let It Snow, Christmas carol

No comments: