Friday, October 23, 2009

Oh mum!

While I don’t consider myself a “grown up”, I like to think that I am a fairly mature and capable girl.

I mean, I travelled to Amsterdam by myself when I was 18, I arranged a mortgage and bought my apartment by myself with I was 23, and then moved my life to the other side of the world by myself when I was 25.

However, when I was talking to mum last night about how I was catching the train up to York this weekend she told me to take care and not talk to any strangers. Unless they were good looking men!

“Don't you know they'll never be here but I'll always be your little girl”
Scarlet Ribbons, Roisin Murphy

2 comments:

SuvvyGirl said...

Mom's are so funny. The still have the same instincts to tell us things to protect ourselves but always manage to put something in there about good looking guys. :P

Amber said...

My mother, on my parents' visit to Europe this year, would repeatly grab the back of my shirt when I stood on the curb about to cross the road. I'm 32 next month.