Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Not ok!

Now, let me start off by clarifying something: I am in no way fashionable.

Nuh-uh, not at all.

I have been in a committed relationship with animal print for about five years, wear long dresses out in the Valley when every other girl is baring her butt in a mini, have a penchant for cardigans, dress in a slightly librarianish sense for work with plain block colours, and will choose comfort over style in 99% of cases.

But there are far worse offenders than I.

The faux leather jacket wearer. HORRID! What were you thinking? A leather jacket can be difficult to pull off, as you need the right cut and a good fit. However, when you replace the creamy, soft leather with cheap, cracked PVC you will just look like a thug from North London.

The too many trends in one outfit wearer. Your overwhelming use of fleeting fashion gives me a headache. The oversized headband with the shoulder pads with the floral skirt with the statement tights with the ankle boots is too much. Coco Chanel was wrong - you shouldn't take one thing off before you walk out the door, you should take off four.

The corporate shorts wearer. No. Just, no. I don't care if they are tailored, I don't care if they are designer, I don't care if they are teamed with tights, I don't care if you have a matching blazer, you do not wear shorts in the workplace. You cannot wear cropped pants in the office and expect to be taken seriously.

No comments: