Thursday, March 12, 2009

Spring has spring people!

It’s not obvious yet, but there has been a hint here and a sign there.

Exhibit A.
The tree at the back of my house has been bare-branched since I moved in, allowing us a clear view of our terrifying council-housed neighbours.* The other morning I awoke to find out little back yard covered in white spots and thought it was snow. Closer inspection revealed it to be little white flowers, and I looked up to see the entire tree covered in them. Gorgeous!

Exhibit B.
The birds have been holding rehearsals for the Fulham Philharmonic Orchestra outside my window most mornings.

Exhibit C.
I left work at 5:30pm the other day and there was still light in the sky.

Exhibit D.
I walked to work without my coat the other day.

Exhibit E.
My consumption of fruit, especially watermelon, has increased exponentially in recent weeks.

Exhibit F.
The sleep mask has made a comeback lately, as the sun wakes me up before my alarm does.

Exhibit G.
Clumps of daffodils are springing (he he, springing!) up everywhere.

Exhibit H.
The weather is reaching 17 degrees people, 17 degrees!

Not long now until I can cast aside the gloves and scarves, and scare London with how white an Aussie girl can get!

* Why are they terrifying? The eight year old boy took a lighter to his little sisters hair while she had a lice treatment in it, and left her with severe burns all over her body. That scares me.

2 comments:

Scott said...

I feel just like a love sick fool, mother nature, now don't be cruel because oh,
Spring fever has got me so in love with you, with you, with you, oh, spring fever
Spring has sprung, well i've really been stung, there's no reason to doubt it
I'm really in love, cupid gave me the shove, there ain't no two ways about it

By this beautiful sky of blue i swear i'll never get over you, oh spring fever
Has got me so in love with you, oh, spring fever

Roy Orbison - Spring Fever

Moi said...

Thank you Scoot Scoot! Like many great things that I start, lyrics of the day has fallen by the wayside...

PS. Totally loving Girl Talk on my iPod - great recommendation from you and Nathy!