Wednesday, March 31, 2010

MOTORBIKE!

After talking about it for nearly five years, I am finally going to get my motorcycle licence!

I love love LOVE motorbikes. If I meet someone who has one I immediately try and wrangle a ride. I check out motorbikes as I am driving. Nathan thinks I'm crazy.

And I will be the first to admit that I know absolutely nothing about them. Apart from that I love them.

I was talking to a guy on Friday and he offered to take me for a ride, and then questioned why I didn't just get my licence. MattE seconded the motion when I raised the topic with him on Saturday. And then Sunday at the pub with my housemate's crew of mos two of them said they had their licence and that cemented my decision. Even though one of them had a massive chunk missing from his calf where he'd had a bike accident.

So Monday I rang up Morgan & Wacker and booked in for Q-Ride. The only problem was that I had to pay a deposit and they didn't take AmEx, so I had to borrow the 'rentals Visa. I called mum but it rang out, so called dad and he rather promptly gave me the details. Later that afternoon mum called me back asking what I wanted, and the conversation went like this:

Mum: What did you want the Visa for?
Moi: To pay for some lessons.
Mum: What sort of lessons?
Moi: Motorbike lessons
Mum: What?! Well then I am sure your father did not give you the credit card!
Moi: Yeah, he did.
Mum: We will talk about this this evening. *hangs up*

At dinner that night I got an earful, with mum sternly telling me that motorbikes lead to accidents and injury and death and graveyards. Then she got my nephews to agree with her, so I was told off by her and a seven year old and a four year old.

So, my family is mad at me, but I am so excited that I get butterflies in my stomach everytime I think about it!

Place your bets people - what will be the first bike-related injury I sustain?

No comments: