Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Brisbane city observations

Funny things I have noticed in the city lately...

This morning when I got to the RBWH Busway Station I saw that my regular bus was sitting at the end of the platform, where it normally is, but instead of saying "66 The City" it said "Help!!! Call police". And there was a crowd of people on the other end of the platform, just silently standing there watching it. A couple of minutes later the bus behind it pulled out and stopped to pick everyone up, and we all filed on silently and went on our way to work. Wierd.

The other week there was a bit of rain. The temperature didn't drop much, but numerous people felt a need to start wearing their painfully fashionable trenchcoats. Or there were the women wearing gumboots. Seriously, gumboots?! Come on people, pack it away.

My friends know that I love me some designer handbag action. However, I hate the tacky Versace and Dolce & Gabbana crap that so many Brisbane women seem to be toting around in the crook of their elbows. Ugh.

That is all for now.

No comments: