Friday, March 26, 2010

Old

Last night I realised just how old I have gotten.

I won tickets to the Barcardi Express gig at the Tivoli. Yes, I won gig tickets again, I'm jammie, I know. The line up sounded pretty good: La Roux, Art vs Science, The Cassette Kids, and Miami Horror.

What we didn't consider, is the sort of crowd that these bands would pull - annoying little 18 to 20 year olds. Guys with ugly bloody haircuts, and girls in super tight and super short prom dresses and heels. IT'S A GIG AT THE TIVOLI KIDS!

Unfortunately just as Miami Horror finished so did our champagne buzz, and with no chance of getting anywhere near the bar, things didn't look good. So rather than let the evening end in violence as I knocked some sense into the two bimbos in front of us that were pretending to be drunk, Nathan and I exited stage left.

The funniest part was on the way out, where a girl was demanding to speak to the manager because she didn't have her ticket and wasn't allowed in, and where a little gay boy leaned over saying "oooh, babe, you're coming out" and did the zip up on my dress!


"Sometimes, when all that's lost remains, drink from the fountain of youth and never age again"
Sometimes, Miami Horror

No comments: