Monday, March 15, 2010

Grown up

I have recently been making conscious and subconscious efforts to be more grown up.

It started one day in a meeting in my new job, where I looked around at the majority female attendees and realised they all rather grown up hairstyles. Compared to moi, who had my hair scrapped back in a bun. That was when I made the decision to finally get a grown up hair style. I now have a funky sort of bob thing, which required daily blow drying and straightening. Because that’s what grown ups do.

Then there was the purchase of a brand name television. While I was initially happy to go for an el cheapo Celestial brand television, dad and PJ both told me to buy a Panasonic “because everyone knows that they are the best”. So I forked out the cash for a reputable brand massive plasma screen television. Because that’s what grown ups do.

Then I decided that I wanted new sheets for my bed, something in a silver/grey colour. I bought some from Kmart and then returned them as I wanted to get a better quality. Instead, today I went to Myer in my lunch break and purchased some super-threadcount Sheridan sheets. Because that’s what grown ups do.

Other things that I need to cross off the list in my transformation into a grown up:
  • The purchase of and wearing of high heels for work every day
  • The stocking up of my wine rack (with something a bit fancier than five bottles of soda water)
  • Learn how to smile nicely in photos without pulling a silly face
I welcome any suggestions as to what else I need to implement in my life in order to achieve grown up status.

No comments: