Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Song of the day: Recovery

Today's song is New Buffalo's "Recovery".

According to Wikipedia... Sally Seltmann (born 1975) is a Melbourne-based singer-songwriter. Until 2009, she performed under the alias, New Buffalo. Seltmann is married to Darren Seltmann of The Avalanches. Seltmann's debut release as New Buffalo was in February 2000 via Ben Lee's web site by way of a MP3 download of the track "16 Beats".

I first heard New Buffalo at a Ben Lee gig (by the way, the biggest karaoke session I have ever been to) when she was the support act, though everyone talked through her entire set. She is a rather quiet unassuming performer. However, I loved her music so borrowed the CD off Jaala and it became my night-time soundtrack for putting me to sleep.

The second time I went to see New Buffalo was at the Tivoli, though I nearly missed it because I managed to lock my keys and handbag and purse and phone in the car. While the engine was running. Fortunately my housemate was home at the time so could let me in to retrieve my spare keys, and I got to the gig just in time.

It is stipulated in my Will that this song be played at my funeral. Seriously! I have also requested Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now", ha ha ha!

Time for beer, checkered cheer, now you're here , I can see so clearly, no more question marks, sympathy cards, it's in the stars, troubled times are clearing, now it's recovery, looks like it's gonna be okay, it's a new day...

No comments: