Thursday, July 1, 2010

Song of the day: Float On

Today's song is Modest Mouse's "Float On".

According to Wikipedia... The song was written by Dann Gallucci, Eric Judy and Isaac Brock. Asked about the song in an interview with The A.V. Club, Brock said that he consciously intended to write something that felt more positive than some of his previous work: “It was a completely conscious thing. I was just kind of fed up with how bad shit had been going, and how dark everything was, with bad news coming from everywhere. Our president is just a f-cking daily dose of bad news! Then you've got the well-intentioned scientists telling us that everything is f-cked. I just want to feel good for a day."

My bestie bestie Jaala has declared this to be one of her favourite songs of all time, and I tell you, it is pretty darn good. Jaala went to see them at the Tivoli a few years ago, and as I didn't really know them I wasn't too fussed on going. That was until I found out that Johnny Marr, guitarist from The Smiths (LOVE) had just joined the band and played with them that night. Jealous. I was reminded of this song recently when an Engineer and I bonded over our mutual appreciation of it.

I backed my car into a cop car the other day, well he just drove off sometimes life’s okay, I ran my mouth off a bit too much oh what did I say, well you just laughed it off it was all okay, and we’ll all float on ok…

No comments: