Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Song of the day: Number 1

Today's song is Goldfrapp's "Number 1".

According to Wikipedia... "Number 1" is an electronic–dance song performed by British group Goldfrapp. The song was written and produced by Alison Goldfrapp and Will Gregory for the duo's third album Supernature (2005). The song is based around a synthesizer and bass arrangement and was written about the importance and meaningfulness that somebody shares with another, despite that it might not necessarily last.

I hate the happy birthday song - it will never make it as Song of the Day. Instead, each year I choose a fun birthday song as an alternative, starting with Jackson Five's "I Want You Back" for my 21st birthday. "Number 1" was the song for my 25th Arabian Nights-themed birthday. Note that this song has nothing to do with anything Arabian Nights.

Goldfrapp are playing at Splendour this year, and I don't care if there are any clashes with other bands, I shall be front and centre for all of Goldfrapp's gloriousness. Love!

Walk out into velvet, nothing more to say, you're my favourite moment, you're my Saturday, cos you're my Number 1, I'm like a dog to get you, I want it up and on, I'm like a dog to get you...

No comments: