Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Song of the day: Night Drive

Today's song is Gotye's "Night Drive".

According to Wikipedia... Like Drawing Blood is the second album by Gotye. All the sounds on the album were collected and assembled or performed by Wally De Backer in bedrooms around Melbourne between 2003 and 2005, and the record was mixed and mastered by Franc Tetaz (Wolf Creek soundtrack, Machine Translations, Architecture in Helsinki). It was featured heavily by Triple J in May 2006 and nominated for a J Award, which, although it didn't win, lent the album considerable publicity.

This is honestly one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard and it would definitely be in my top five songs of all time.

However, when your name is as awesome as Wally De Backer why would you bother creating a stage name?!

And I don’t know just where we’re going, and I don’t care where we’ve been, but we just coast on through, coz while I’m here with you, you know, there’s no place I’d rather be, no place I’d rather be, such a quiet joy, knowing that I’m your pick-up fix, and you’re my favourite boy...

No comments: