Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Song of the day: Thunder Road

Today's song is Bruce Springsteen's "Thunder Road".

According to Wikipedia... "Thunder Road" is a song written and performed by Bruce Springsteen, and the opening track on his 1975 breakthrough album Born to Run. It is ranked as one of Springsteen's greatest songs, and often appears on lists of the top rock songs of all time. Rolling Stone magazine placed it as #86 on its "500 Greatest Songs of All Time." The lyrics to "Thunder Road" describe a young woman named Mary, her boyfriend, their hopeless lives and their "one last chance to make it real". Thematically, it reads as a nostalgic companion piece to "Born to Run".

Inspired by the American Flag scarf, dubbed "Born in the USA", that Johan and Jim Bob bought me for my birthday I decided to purchase a Bruce Springsteen Greatest Hits CD. Upon listening to it I realised how many awesome songs he wrote and how many of them I heart!

And I know that upon reading this, PJ will claim my love of the Boss as another addition to the list of 43 reasons why I am a bogan. However! My list of 43 reasons why I am NOT a bogan is nearly complete and shall be posted shortly.

So you're scared and you're thinking that maybe we ain't that young anymore, show a little faith there's magic in the night, you ain't a beauty but hey you're alright, oh and that's alright with me...

No comments: