Monday, June 21, 2010

Song of the day

Today's song is A Flock of Seagull's "I Ran".

According to Wikipedia... "I Ran (So Far Away)" (also released as "I Ran") is a song by English New Wave band A Flock of Seagulls. It was released on their debut album A Flock of Seagulls in 1982 and was its most successful single, reaching number 9 in the United States and number 1 in Australia. Along with the Bowling For Soup cover, it was also used as the theme song for the English dub of the anime series Knights of the Zodiac which was later removed from the air during its first season.

This song was requested for inclusion by my friend PJ, who regularly reads this blog and regularly tells me that my taste in music is rubbish. About five years ago PJ introduced me to a hairdresser called Rodney, who gave me a fabulous asymmetrical haircut that he said was inspired by Flock of Seagulls. Unfortunately, the second time I went to Rodney he gave me the Worst Haircut of My Life, and I never went back.

Another interesting fact that I discovered while researching this song is that Jebediah did a cover - so how ironic was it that the Kevin Mitchell/Bob Evans song last week prompted an email from PJ saying I needed to include some good music and requesting this song!

I walk along the avenue I never thought I'd meet a girl like you, with auburn hair and stormy eyes, the kind of eyes that hypnotize...

No comments: